Town Board Meeting July 2024

I have been attending Lisbon Town Board meetings for the past several months. Since the town supervisor and board with the exception of Robert McNeil have stated that they do not intend to ever record meetings and make them public I have begun to do so. I hope you find the recordings helpful.

During this time I've seen some issues that are concerning. For example, agendas are not posted 24 hours in advance of a meeting, which is a violation of the Open Meetings Law. Also according to the Open Meetings Law meetings SHOULD be recorded and made available to the public. Finally the town historian was appointed by the town supervisor and sworn in, but this appointment was never approved by the board.

As Lisbon residents we have the right and responsibility to know what's happening in our government. I know many people who are working that cannot attend 5pm meetings, so I hope this recording will be shared and residents will be able to participate in their government.

Comments